Impact Recorders "M" Series
IOG Impact Recorders have a long history of accurately measuring shocks that occur during product transportation. For over 30 years manufacturers and the military have used our well designed, reliable and cost-effective recorders to warn recipients when careless handling may have resulted in damage to valuable assets.
IOG 3-axis recording accelerometers:
- Well designed, reliable and simple
- Charts magnitude, direction and time of impact
- Records continuously for up to 6 months
- Shocks up to 300 times the force of gravity (300g) can be identified immediately by examining the chart
- Recorders deter and detect mishandling
- Accepted as evidence in legal liability disputes
- Self-contained, no additional equipment is needed
- Rugged housing to withstand harsh conditions
How Our Impact Recorders Work:
Three mass-spring styluses work independently of each other, each measuring one axis – X, Y and Z. Each stylus operates by angular vibration with one degree of freedom in the direction it monitors. The mechanical, friction-free linkage from each stylus' inertia mass converts motion from any of the three directions into the same plane and draws these forces onto the chart paper for easy reading.